I will not leave you as orphans I will come to you. John 14:18

Saturday, February 4, 2012

John 14:18


I found this image while surfing Pinterest and it immediately caught my eye seeing as Andrew and I are adopting from Ethiopia. I followed the link and it led me to Keefer Style Creations. Lisa makes all sorts of hand stamped items! The best part is, she donates 20% off proceeds to Feeding the Orphans to help with food, shelter and LOVE! I fell head over heels for this beautiful piece of jewelry and Andrew ended up buying it for me for Valentines Day! 

I got it in the mail today and I have been wearing it all afternoon. When I look down, I can't help but get giddy over the fact that Andrew is graduating from the MBA program at George Fox University in five months and we will be able to pick up the process on our adoption. I look at this tiny little replica of Africa and smile, knowing that one day (hopefully not too far from now) Andrew and I will fly over to this beautiful continent and meet the precious child God has chosen for us to adopt.

Andrew and I have been busy brainstorming 2012 fundraiser ideas and so far, here is what we have come up with...

1. Benefit concert (yes, another one and we are super stoked!)
2. Spread the Love (we will be selling delicious homemade strawberry jam!)
3. Pop can - bottle drive

After 2011 fundraisers and donations, we made it to almost three quarters of the way there. It is our hope that by the end of summer 2012, we will have the full amount raised. We want to thank you all, for your support and prayers during this long and exciting process we are embarking on!

I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you. John 14:18 

No comments: